Dark Matter Dark Matter

This is absolutely awesome, and I hardly EVER give 5 stars, but this one comes very close. The sound design is great, and your percussion work is on point. Really interesting rhythm to the drop as well, and I adore that bass arpeggio.

Only thing I would change is the length, it's super short and if it was longer I feel like you'd have more room to flesh out ideas and get some more variation in there.

Demonicity responds:

Attention Shoppers (WiP) Attention Shoppers (WiP)

The drums at the end are too loud, but other than that I have no other complaints. Dope track, super relaxing.

TheNGVirus responds:

thank you! I'll work on the drums!
I appreciate your feedback!

Stigma Stigma

Some dope sounds here man, the drums have some issues though. Some advice I'd give is to layer your beats more, utilise velocity on them too, makes them feel way more fleshed out and sets them better in the mix, try more variations too, the same beat got kind of boring after a while especially since it was so prominent in the mix.
Also try to make more variation in your second drops, it kind of gets a pass here because it's such a short song but it's a good habit to get into.
Decent work though! And like I said, some excellent sound design going on. Those ambient saw stabs really give me an early 00's DnB vibe and it works really well. Keep it up!

MegaSus - Pendulum MegaSus - Pendulum

What you have is pretty decent, besides the somewhat repetitive intro, but why is it so short? This is barely half a song, it seems more like a WIP than a finished track.
Did you use any samples? The sound design is more competent than your mixing which is why I'm asking.

MegaSusOfficial responds:

I was just trying out, and i think its not enough, even me i can tell. Maybe i'll update or extend this song soon and add something that fits. :) Like you said, because there's something in my mixing skill.

Tobias Oakly - Tracer (unf) Tobias Oakly - Tracer (unf)

It's such a rarity to see well produced EDM on Newgrounds! Sound design is nothing spectacularly interesting, but what it does, it does well.
Mixing is very decent as well, my only complaint would be the length of the track, it just cuts off a little too early. The drop portions could be made longer and the outro could be a little longer too.
Great work!

TobiasOakly responds:

Thanks for the goods, it cuts because its 'unf' -inished ;)

Learning to Swim Learning to Swim

This is brilliant. Loving the percussion and instrumentation. Sounds like a KOAN Sound/Asa collab.

Reboot (SEGA Megadrive) Reboot (SEGA Megadrive)

This is much better than the last thing I listened to of yours. Mixing still needs work, and the sound design didn't sound very legit. There's a few Megadrive inspired synths out there. I can't remember the names but I know one's called FM Drive. I'm pretty sure it's freeware.

By the way - in response to your comment on my other review, I don't care. It wasn't very good so I voted it low, then I had a rethink ad was a bit more generous with my review rating. Having a tantrum and saying that you wish I'd gotten hit by a bus isn't very professional.

Destroyer (Final?) Destroyer (Final?)

You could actually have something interesting here if you improved A LOT on your mixing and made your drums more interesting. It's definitely not dubstep, but I could see something like this being used in a game. Your track structure needs a lot of work, too. If you're making a 2 minute long EDM song then having the drop at 1.50 is incredibly dumb.

JK-FlipFlop responds:

Your review was constructive. I appreciate that. However, voting zero while giving a 2 star review was both sneaky and hateful. I hope you get hit by a bus this morning.

VY Canis Majoris VY Canis Majoris

There's no structure to this at all, it sounds like 8 different songs put into one and none of the loops work with each other. Your mixing needs a lot of work, especially in the drums department. Finally I'd also add that the drops sound like an uninspired mishmash of YouTube Massive tutorial sounds.

Not terrible but definitely needs some work. Your structuring and rhythms of individual drops is decent.

The Darkest Star The Darkest Star

I only hear a lot of presets and seemingly random MIDI notes.
Doesn't really give the feeling of space exploration you were hoping for, mainly due to the synths used. Keep at it, though.

TheLateDogg responds:

Thanks for the review. However, none of the sounds are presets. I'm sorry that it didn't hit it off with you.